Thursday, September 6, 2012

Food and Streets of Bangkok

I have walked the streets of Bangkok and have seen many things-- delightful, edible, wonderful Thai things. 

Here are some of the lovely things I have experienced and seen as we, me and my best friend  Kimberley Burden,  walked our way every morning and afternoon to the train station. Our olfactory nerves were brought to bliss as we passed by food stalls along the streets; as we all know Bangkok is famous for their street food. And boy, have I understood why. 


I see familiar fruits...Rambutan, Apples, Mangosteen and Mangoes.



The best thing you could ever get before leaving the beautiful city of Bangkok. 


Mall rats that we are, we always found ourselves wanting to visit every mall in Siam. I was so amazed that my every dessert cravings were satisfied. Even more satisfied and amazed to have observed how food courts were very sophisticated and elegant, how one floor could be filled with all high-quality pastries,cakes and savory goodness! These next photos are taken from the food courts in the shopping malls of Siam and at Terminal 21 (a mall with every floor having varying country-inspirations/themes)




Frozen Cheesecake overload!!


Honeydew Melon Cheesecake. I ate this because I was missing my sister Ganna and this is her favorite flavor. 



















On to the notorious street of Patpong! I should say, my Bangkok experience wouldn't have been as fun and memorable as it turned out had I not walked up the stairs and watched a ladyboy show. My my my, I have seen my life flash before my eyes. 










On our way to the Grand Palace, we took the MRT and grabbed some heavy drinks-- Milk Tea, for our breakfast! We are that tough, we can get by our morning adventures with just a few ounces of milk tea. Well, milk tea are really calorie-loaded so a serving should keep you going. 



I was nervous to have trusted my camera to a stranger but we really wanted to have our photo together before and during our Tuktuk ride. Bucket list thing, y'all!



Now on the streets of old Siam. :)





Bangkok from a Tuktuk ride



No comments:

Post a Comment