Friday, June 29, 2012

The best friends head to Bangkok, Thailand

Summer last year, me and my best friend talked about traveling to a foreign land together with nothing but cameras and maps in our hands. We wanted to travel without the pressure and time constraints from the money-sucking tour guides. Amazing how we were able to actually make that plan happen. Oh I'm glad that my best friend is a doer and not just a planner.

Amidst the severe flooding in Thailand late last year, we did not stop planning. We bought tickets when 2012 opened and booked our hotels a month earlier. We were just excited. 

Here's what we did at Mactan International Airport while waiting for our flight to Manila..
We studied our route.

I would like to express my gratitude to Frommers and Lonely Planet for making us wiser and


We pretty much did this most of the time during the whole trip.

What I wore: Sweatshirt from Topshop| Jeggings from Zara| Bag from Louis Vuitton
We have finally arrived in NAIA at 12mn.
We still have a couple of hours to spare before our BKK trip, so we head to Resorts World for some very early breakfast at 1am! haha 

Passports?Check!
Pink Passport Case? Check!

As we waited for our flight, we took advantage of the wifi and Instagramed our wait away!
And here's my gorgeous best friend who doubles as my travel buddy. 
Did I mention that my best friend is a closet photographer? She's a natural and I realized that during our trip, one of the many discoveries. :)

Welcome to Suvharnabhumi International Airport!

I was sleepless but the words written in Thai just ignited me like I just drank ten espresso shots. Oa comparison noh?haha
At the time this photo was taken, all we wanted to do was get into the hotel,change and explore Bangkok. We were that excited.
Gliding down the walkalator at Suvharnabhumi towards the City Link. Yes, we took public transportation when we arrived. We didn't have fancy hotel service to pick us up, we opted to experience Thailand just like how locals do it. It involved a lot of luggage-carrying up and down the stairs from one station to the next as we had 2 connecting train rides. We had to carry our luggage from the station to our hotel, it was so fun to search for our street--makes you feel like a real tourist!

Welcome to Ramada Encore Hotel at Sukhumvit Soi 11. A very sleek and modern hotel with the warmest hotel employees. 
When we got to the hotel, we didn't plan to sleep the afternoon away, we just had a power nap then we took a shower and off we go! 

On to my next blog for the beginning of our adventure!




No comments:

Post a Comment